Friday, August 10, 2018



Picture Book 10 for 10 2018!

I love this day! Last year it the first day back to work in my district and I missed posting. Luckily my list for this year has been set since the end of June. I was a participant in a district course offering about diverse text sets. Being the only elementary participant amongst middle and high school teachers, I needed to get creative with my end project since the others would be pairing up chapter books for their content area courses. 

This fall I will be switching grade levels and moving down to teach kindergarten. I decided to take the concept of identity and curate titles to reflect different the identity concepts we explore at the start of the year: personal characteristics, name and family.  To guide my thinking, I used the Teaching Tolerance Framework and the Ohio Curriculum Standards. Please follow this link to my project presentation to see my list of picture books, a few chapter books and some of the teaching paths I plan to take with these titles. 

Identity Text Set

No comments:

Post a Comment